Taught by former Los Angeles Lakers Strength & Conditioning Coach, Sean Light, this is a course designed for health & exercise minded people looking to improve their workouts by maximizing their recovery period. No prior knowledge is needed. Health and fitness professionals are well aware of the benefits of the recovery process but in this course we dive down to see exactly how the body can maximize this period. In doing so, we will define stress to a depth that you haven’t heard before and illustrate the way humans deal with it. Most importantly we will give practical, real-world applications for all of our concepts.
- Identify basics of the body’s reaction to stress
- Discuss the brain’s use of memory
- Overview how cells function as a result of memory and prediction
- Explain the basics of the visual system and how it ties into memory and stress
- Outline the hearing system and its role in rehab, stress and recovery
- Show anatomical connections that range the entire body
- Detail nutrition’s role in function, structure and stress
- Demonstrate creative ways to incorporate these concepts into your everyday, real-world environment
4A Health & Performance Sciences is recognized by the National Strength & Conditioning Association as a Continuing Education Provider. (0.8 CEUs)
4A Health & Performance Sciences is recognized by the Board of Certification for Athletic Trainers for Category A CE Credits.
4A Health & Performance Sciences is recognized by the National Academy of Sports Medicine as a Continuing Education Provider. (0.7 CEUs)
4A Health & Performance Sciences is recognized by the Athletics and Fitness Association of America as a Continuing Education Provider. (7.0 CEUs)
FULL REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN UP UNTIL 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE SCHEDULED COURSE DATE. AFTER THAT DATE, REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED.